Jan 18, 2013

Crock-pot Taco Chili

* Please note that I am re-arranging the layout of this recipe, because I found it quite confusing to follow as originally written. If you want to make the original recipe, see link below.


Find it on Pinterest


Cook's Note: My husband loved this chili and said I should make it again! I I turned this into a crock-pot recipe for ease of cooking and changed a few things from the original recipe (as always!) That being said - Make it - its a hit!

What You Will Need: 

1  (16-ounce) can tomato sauce 
1   (11 3/4-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (optional)
2  cups water
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1  package buttermilk salad dressing mix  (such as Hidden Valley Ranch)
1 small onion, chopped/diced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

Directions

In the crock-pot, add tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, ranch seasoning packet, taco seasoning packet, water, diced tomatoes and green chilies, onion, chili powder, cumin, ground beef.
Cover and cook on HIGH to simmer for 2 hours, or until beans are tender. I placed this on low for one additional

Original Recipe "Pinspiration" from Paual Deen

No comments :