Feb 20, 2013

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili





Find it on Pinterest

Cooks Note: This was a simple throw together type of meal and it was good. But, I would change a couple of things to better suit my family. I would add some chicken broth to the pot, because it was a little too thick even for chili. I added cheddar cheese on top when serving, and served it with chips, because it just seemed to be a good compliment, but corn bread would be very good too. Also, I let it cook for 5 hours on low and let me tell you, that crock pot was a BEAR to clean. So I think, depending on the age of your crock pot, less time may be required. I will make it again for sure. Enjoy!

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

Original Pinspiration from Plain Chicken

No comments :