Feb 8, 2013

Easy Crock Pot Chicken Lasagna


                                                                       
                                                                 Find it on Pinterest
 
Cook's Note: I saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked intereting because I really didn't think you could make Lasagna in the Crock Pot - totally expecting this to not turn out very hot....
 
WOW! Was I wrong? This was one of the best Lasagna's that I have ever made and can I just say... EASY!!??? It took about 5 minutes to throw together and I will make this again and again! I have modified the below recipe (as I always do), you be the judge!
 

What You Will Need:

1 lb. ground chicken breast

2 24 oz cans of tomato sauce

8 oz pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
 
2 cups shredded italian blend cheese

1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
 
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions

Spray the inside of the crock-pot with cooking spray. Brown the ground chicken breast in a skillet. (I threw in a little Cavendar's Greek Seasoning to taste)

In a seperate bowl, stir the tomato sauce in with the ground chicken.

Spread 1/2 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot

Arrange 1/2 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce (and be sure to break them up if you need to!)

Combine the shredded cheeses and cottage cheese in a bowl. Spoon 1/2 of the cheeses over the noodles.

Repeat these layers and top with remaining sauce

Cover and cook on low for 4hrs (Iusually put it on HIGH for the first hour, then turn it down to LOW).

Find the original "Pinspiration" from Creating Through Life

No comments :