Mar 17, 2013

Healthy Turkey Meatloaf


Find it on Pinterst
Cook's Note: This is one of my GO-TO Recipes and I make this often in my dinner rotation. It's a huge hit in my house, even toddler's love it! I like using Ground Turkey Breast rather than Ground Beef in meatloaf because it gives this classic dish a light and healthy spin. I typically change something about most recipes, but this one is wonderful without much changes. My only tweak is to add Cavander's Greek Seasoning. I highly suggest trying this dish because I think you will add this to your list of favs too! ENJOY!

 

What You Will Need:

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic minced
1 pound Ground Turkey Breast (all white meat)
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
¾ cup ketchup, divided
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
dash of Sea Salt & a little ground pepper 
1 tbsp Cavander's Greek Seasoning

Directions:

Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.

Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, ¼ cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt and Cavander's Greek Seasoning,  to turkey mixture; mix well. Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining ½ cup ketchup over top.

Bake 1 hour or until the internal temperature of meatloaf is well-done, 165ºF. as measured by a meat thermometer. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.
This Pinspiation comes from Jennie-O

No comments :