Apr 1, 2013

Springtime Deviled Eggs




Cooks Note: I saw colored deviled eggs on the PAAS website and on Pinterest and thought they were really cute. WHY had I not thought of this before? I say this a lot about stuff I see on Pinterest and I get mad at myself for something so obvious not being MY idea first! I digress......I do not like deviled eggs, never have. But since my entire family loves them I decided to try these cute and Springy looking things. The recipe below is my recipe, mixed with the Paas instructions for dying. Everyone says they were delish. Try them next Easter, or anytime really. Enjoy!


What You Will Need:

12 eggs, hard boiled and cooled
6 T Mayonnaise
2 t Mustard
1 T Sweet Relish
Salt and Pepper to taste
Paprika (which I did not have for the pic above)
Vinegar, water and food coloring or egg dying tab (for color)

Directions:

Peel hard boiled eggs (click here for directions on how to hard boil the perfect egg).
Halve each egg lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a medium bowl, reserving the egg whites.
Rinse the egg whites with water to remove the remaining yolk and pat dry.
Prepare food coloring according to instructions listed on package.  Submerge egg white into color bath until desired color is achieved.
Remove colored egg white from color bath and place on drying tray.  Dab with paper towel to absorb remaining liquid.
Mash the yolks and add mayonnaise, mustard and relish; season with salt and black pepper.
Fill yolk mixture into the egg white halves.


This "Pinspiration" comes from Paas


No comments :