Jun 13, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Donuts


Find it on Pinterest
 
 
Cooks Note: I have NEVER tried making donuts, for several reasons actually. One reason being they are terrible for me, but if they are here, I will eat them. Two, they seemed too hard, labor intensive and for some reason I assumed I had to have a thermometer that you can stick into the oil, and I just don't have time for all that nonsense, if that is how it has to be, DUNKIN it is. But these were scary simple, you can whip up a batch in about 10 min and they taste just as good as Dunkin. Everyone loved them, cause who doesn't love a hot donut, I mean come on. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 Can refrigerated home-style biscuits
2 Inches Vegetable Oil for frying
1 Cup granulated Sugar
Cinnamon to Taste

Directions:

Remove biscuits from can and punch hole in the middle using a cap (I used a wine bottle screw top)
 
Heat oil in Pan (until a drop of water sizzles when dropped in)
Place donuts in the pan and let cook for 1-2 min on each side (don't let them get too dark)
Place hot donuts onto a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess oil
Place sugar and as much cinnamon as you would like into a large gallon size zippered plastic storage bag and shake to mix
Place 2 donuts in the bag, seal and shake till donuts are coated
Serve with Coffee
This Pinspiration from Thoreau's Daughter
 


No comments :