Jun 28, 2014

Cranberry Kale Salad


Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note: I had a craving for anything KALE and settled on a salad. I found this wonderful recipe on Pinterest via Gimme Some Oven and thought I'd give it a try on my own. I varied this recipe to make my own version (see below) - but this was a hit in my household and I will be making it again and again. You just can't get any healthier than KALE!

Thanks to Moonfire Orchards for the awesome organic KALE!!


What You Will Need: 


3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 green onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
juice and zest of half a lemon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 bunch kale, very thinly sliced
1/4 cup glazed pecans (such as: Emerald Pumpkin Pie Pecans)
(optional) 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese 


Directions: 

Heat 2  Tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green onion and saute for 3- 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and continue sautéing  for 1 minute. Next add cranberries, red wine vinegar and lemon juice/zest, and stir to combine well.

Season with salt and pepper.

In a large mixing bowl, toss the kale with olive oil and an extra pinch of salt, and massage kale with your fingers for 1 minute until tender. Add in the cranberry/green onion mixture and nuts. Toss to combine. Serve topped with crumbled cheese if desired.


This "Pinspiration" comes from: Gimme Some Oven


ENJOY! 


No comments :