Jul 22, 2014

Healthy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread


                                                                      Find it on Pinterest


Cooks Note: I know it has been a long time since I have posted, and I apologize for that. With the kids being home for Summer and going on a European Vacation I have been so super busy. But, I am back and trying to get rid of all of the "excess" from the trip (and before) so I have been looking for healthier recipes for the fam. I came across this one and figured that since it had chocolate chips, I may be able to sneak it by my monsters as something yummy. For this one I peeled the zucchini instead of grating it with the green peel (my kids would see the green and turn up their nose). The bread turned out great, the chocolate chips really make a big difference. One of my kids did say, "What is this green thing?" and I said, "I don't know, just eat it!" I played dumb and it worked out well. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Cups grated Zucchini
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup All Purpose White Flour
3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:

1, Preheat oven to 325
2. Spray 2 8x4 inch loaf pans with cooking spray
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs till light and fluffy
4. Mix in applesauce and sugar
5. Stir in zucchini and vanilla
6. Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips in a seperate bowl
7. Mix flour mixture into egg mixture
8. Pour evenly into loaf pans and bake 1 hour or until done


This Pinspiration comes from Everyday Sisters

No comments :