Oct 27, 2015

Autumn Home Tour (Part 1)

As I sip my Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee this morning, I look around my house and smile and take it all in. I absolutely love this time of year. Particularly, the week of Halloween is one of my favorites. This is the week that the leaves really all start to turn gorgeous colors, a chilly breeze is blowing and all seems right in this little corner of the world. It reminds me of school days gone by and the childhood excitement of upcoming Halloween preparations and pumpkin carving!
I thought I would give our readers a little fall home tour - sharing some of my favorite fall decor with you all. My Mother absolutely loved fall so much and she passed this love on to me. She passed away almost two years ago and I inherited many of her decorations, which I proudly display throughout my home. I guess I love my decorations so much, because they remind me of her.

I hope you will enjoy!

This is my view from my kitchen window this morning. I just love the trees turning outside and my little fall window display. It makes me happy!

 Maybe a bit cheesy, but here is my kitchen table - as you can see, we love pumpkins! Everything here was from my mother - I love it!

Here is my little candy bowl that my little candy grabbing munchkin always tries to get her hands on. I bought this bowl at Harry & David back in 2001, this is virtually an antique by now (haha) :)

Here is a quick peek at my mantle. The wooden pumpkins were used in my wedding as table decorations, they are special to me, so I tried to incorporate them here!


My hallway table display, I just love it! The white candle holder that looks like a sweater is my newest addition and I'm head over heels for it. 
Here's a secret - I'm burning a "Leaves" candle from Bath & Body Works inside and the smell is divine!! Yum!!

Here is my Fall prized possession- my huge ceramic Jack-o-lantern. Trust me, it's HUGE and HEAVY! I inherited this from my Mom. She bought this at the Eddie Bauer Home Store back in like 2000 or 2001 (that store no longer exists). I remember the day she bought it, I was in love! I'm proud to call it my own now. I look forward to pulling it out every Halloween. It's sitting in my hallway.

This witch hangs on a hallway door. LOVE HER! She's a staple here, I've had her for years. I think I got her at Home Goods! 

Here is my little stool by the front door, displaying my pumpkins and cute little Halloween skeleton Boyd's Bear. He's adorable and my little one loves looking at it. 

My cute little bathroom display - yes, you need fall decor in every room! 

Here's a little bowl full of craft store pumpkins- I think it's cute and the placemat underneath was my mother's, so it's a special decoration to me.

Just a cute sign that hangs on my pantry door - I'm from Virginia and we say "Y'all". This was my mother's and I cherish it!

My little scarecrow outside! My toddler loves it and named her "Sunny". She's sure to wave goodbye to Sunny every morning on the way to preschool.

My fall wreath on my door. I'm pretty proud of it - I made it and I love it. Again, we say "Y'all" in Virginia! 

My final picture is from a tree in my backyard. These are the same trees seen in the picture from my kitchen window - this one is more up close. Isn't it beautiful? Nature at its finest!

Thanks for taking a tour of my home, I hope it brought joy and peace to you, like it does to us!













2 comments :

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here different page and thought I might as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to going
over your web page yet again.

Look at my web-site: ndchosts

Suburban Epicurean said...

Glad you came, it is nice to meet you!