Nov 23, 2015

Crock Pot Hot Chocolate

 Find it on Pinterest

Cooks Note: Today was our first really cold day of the season. I am talking 24 degrees for the low, so the kids were ready for some hot chocolate when they arrived home from school. I saw this on Pinterest and I am not going to lie, I thought why would you make it from scratch when you can have it done in 2 minutes from the microwave or the Kuerig? Well, now I know why. This is very simple to put together, but you have to make sure to think ahead, because it takes 2 hours to cook. But, when it was done it was the most decadent, smooth, creamy, delicious hot chocolate I have ever tasted, hands down. My sister said she felt like she was drinking a chocolate chip cookie. The kids loved it, and I know you will too. This is now the only HC we will ever drink. 

Note: I added a small packet of Truvia to the mix since I used semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Serves 6-8

Ingredients

  • 1.5 Cups whipping cream (I used half and half)
  • 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (I used the lite version)
  • 6 Cups milk (whatever you prefer, I used 1%)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Cups chocolate chips (Milk or Semi-Sweet, whichever you prefer)
  • I added one small Truvia packet


Instructions:

  • Stir together the cream, milks, vanilla and chocolate chips in the crock pot.
  • Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips have melted. Stir again before serving. Garnish as desired. 
TIP: To change it up a bit, you could always use white chocolate chips or add a little mint extract for a chocolate mint flavor. 





This Pinspiration came from mrshappyhomemaker.com


No comments :